Membership Terms and Conditions
Welcome to sweetlingua.com! Please take the time to read and understand these Membership terms and conditions (Membership Terms). They govern your (your or you) use of the sweetlingua.com service (Site) as a member.
This website, sweetlingua.com, (collectively referred to as the “Site” in these Membership Terms and Conditions) is owned and operated by Osmose Learning SASU (“we”, “us” or “Osmose Learning”). Once you click “I agree”, you agree to the Membership Terms as a legally binding contract between you and Osmose Learning SASU, the company that operates sweetlingua.com. If you do not want to agree to these Membership Terms, we’re sorry but we will be unable to accept you as a member.
In these Membership Terms, Content means all the content available on the Site including lesson plans, worksheets, sample files and user forum content.
Payment Plan Agreement Contract
YEARLY PAYMENT PLAN
You agree to pay the membership fees in full for access to the training site for a period of 1 year, according to the plan you choose at time of purchase.
Cancellation YEARLY PAYMENT PLAN
You understand that you are able cancel your membership in the first 30 days for a full refund – as per our 30-day Moneyback Guarantee, as long as you have not downloaded any of the premium content. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel.
You understand that should you cancel your membership outside of the first 30 days, no refund will be provided. You also understand that if you downloaded any of the premium lesson plan or associated premium content, no refund will be provided.
If you are under 18 years, you need your parents’ permission before becoming a member and accessing the Site.
Your Membership is non-transferable. You must not share your username and password with anyone else or allow anyone else to access the Site using your username and password.
You are responsible for every use of the Site that occurs in conjunction with use of your username and password. You must use reasonable efforts to keep your username and password confidential. You must notify us as soon as you become aware of any unauthorised use of your membership, username or password.
Membership is based on periodic subscription fees which are detailed on the Site’s sign-up page. Your membership, or access to Content and areas of the Site, will be suspended or cancelled if we do not receive the fees for your subscription type.
Availability and Use of the Site
The Site will usually be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We may, however, need to interrupt or suspend your access to the Site or the provision of the Site’s services and Content, for maintenance, technical or other reasons.
When accessing and using the Site and its services and Content, you must comply with directions, instructions or protocols posted on the Site.
We are pleased to be able to offer a wide range of lesson resources on the Site for your educational and teaching needs, which we aim to regularly add to. The Content will be updated, changed or removed from time to time, at our discretion, so we can’t guarantee that specific Content will always be available on the Site.
Rights to Content; intellectual property
Each item of Content is copyright of its author. We own any sweetlingu.com -created Content, and all other rights in the Site including its design, compilation and look and feel.
Your membership gives you a right (a revocable, non-exclusive licence) to use the Content for personal and teaching purposes. You must not redistribute Content (such as lesson plans, eBooks, worksheets, and source files). You may use, copy and manipulate files for your own personal teaching purposes, but you must not otherwise exploit the files and the assets in them, or redistribute the files or assets. If you love the Content, please ask your friends to become members too!
The trademarks and logos displayed on the Site are, unless otherwise stated, those of Osmose Learning SASU and others, and you must not use these without the approval of the relevant owner.
Fair use and prohibited conduct
You are permitted to download Content to your computer as part of your membership. But your membership is subject to a ‘fair use’ policy. Our ‘fair use’ policy requires that your use of the Site and the Content must be fair, genuine and reasonable. For example, the total amount of Content you download must be reasonable in light of your genuine business and teaching needs, and the time needed to genuinely engage with the Content. We will use our reasonable discretion to decide whether a member has complied with the ‘fair use’ policy.
You must not use scripts to automatically mass download Content.
You also must not:
- use a false email address, impersonate others, or misrepresent your affiliation with others;
- insert advertising, branding or other promotional content into the Site or Content;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or materials through the Site;
- engage in automatic gathering of information from or through the Site (such as “spidering”, “screen scraping”, “database scraping” or harvesting of e-mail addresses);
- attempt to interrupt or alter the Site’s operation in any way (for example through sending mass unsolicited messages, “flooding” servers, or introducing a virus, time bomb, trojan horse, worm, cancelbot or other computer routine);
- use the Site or the Content in a way that violates applicable law, that violates third party intellectual property or other rights, or that is, fraudulent, obscene, offensive, or defamatory; or
- except as allowed in these Membership Terms, copy, distribute, transmit, modify or otherwise exploit the Content or any other data or code made available through the Site.
Intellectual property complaints
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that you do the same.
Please contact us if you believe that your intellectual property or other rights are being affected by anything on the Site.
If you are specifically making a copyright-based claim regarding Content, please forward the following information to us:
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a description of the location of the alleged infringing material;
- a description of the copyright work that has been allegedly infringed; and
- a statement by you that you warrant that the information given in your claim is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or are authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Personal information that you disclose may be used by Osmose Learning SASU, its agents and contractors in relation to your membership and the Site, including marketing activities for the Site.
We may disclose any personal information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or government request.
Refusal, suspension or termination of membership
We may, in our discretion, immediately restrict, suspend or terminate your membership and access to the Site if we consider you in breach of these Membership Terms, any other Site rules, or applicable law.
We reserve the right to refuse membership in our discretion (examples include previous breaches of membership terms on any of our websites and previous utilisation of the Site’s “Moneyback Guarantee”).
Liability and disclaimer
Except as provided in an applicable Non-excludable Law, we are bound only by the express promises made in these Membership Terms and are not bound by implied terms.
Except as provided in an applicable Non-excludable Law:
- we do not promise that the Content or your access to the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected, or that the Site or Content are free of viruses or any other harmful components; and
- we make no promises regarding your access to, or the results of your access to, the Site or Content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise.
Except as provided in an applicable Non-excludable Law, we and our affiliates are not liable for indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, loss or revenue or loss of profits which result from any use of or access to, or any inability to use or access, the Site.
Changes to Membership Terms
We may change these Membership Terms from time to time, but we will notify members before doing so. You will be given the opportunity to cancel your subscription with a pro-rata refund (based on time remaining in your subscription) if you do not want to accept the changes. If you do not opt out in this way, your continued subscription to and use of the Site will be an acceptance of the updated Membership Terms.
We control and operate the Site from our offices in France. The laws of France govern these Membership Terms, and you and Osmose Learning SASU submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there.